Whether you're planning a trip with friends or just want to share a route you created, it's simple to share your maps with others.
You can share your own maps by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over 'Saved' in the header and select 'My maps'
- Click on the map you want to share
- Click the share icon above the map title in the left panel
- Select way you wish to share. Below is an overview of the options available:
- Copy link: Copy the URL and share to your favourite social platform.
- Text - Send your map via SMS to yourself, your friends, or family.
- Email - Email the link to the map.
- Embed - Copy the HTML and paste it into your own website code.
- QR code - Scan this code and pull up the map on your mobile device or tablet.
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Saved' on the bottom navigation bar
- Select 'Lists' from the tabs at the top of the screen
- Select 'My maps' then select the map you wish to share
- Tap on the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right corner and select 'Share'
- Select the way you want to share (text message, email, etc.)
NOTE: If your map is private, you won't be able to share your map. You can always adjust the privacy setting of a single map, as outlined here.