You may notice new maps appearing in your 'My maps' section over time as you use AllTrails. This article outlines the various ways in which items are added to this section of your AllTrails account. There are several different actions that will cause a new map to appear here:
Creating a custom map on AllTrails.com
- AllTrails offers a robust route-building tool exclusively available on AllTrails.com. When you create a new map on our website, you can access your saved map in your 'My maps' section of the app or website.
Customizing a trail map on AllTrails.com
- You can make a copy of an existing trail map in order to customize the route and other attributes. All of the same route-building tools will be available to help make it your own.
Creating a custom map area on the AllTrails app
- Particularly helpful for AllTrails+ subscribers looking to download a map area before hitting the trails, you can create and download a custom map area directly on the AllTrails app. Route building is not yet available on the AllTrails mobile apps, but is in the works! To create a custom map area in the app, go to 'Saved' >> 'Lists' >> 'My maps' >> overflow menu (three dots) >> 'Create map.' You can pan to any area then tap 'Save' and add a title.
Downloading any map on the AllTrails app
- When you download a map on the AllTrails app for offline use (AllTrails+ members only), the app will essentially clone the trail map and save a copy of it. This map will appear in your 'Downloads' section of the mobile app ('Saved' >> 'Downloads'), and there will also be a copy of the map in your 'My maps' section. Note: deleting a map from 'My maps' will also remove the map from your 'Downloads.'
Loading a trail map into Navigator
- Navigator is a great tool to help you follow along a planned route for your outdoor activity. Every time a new map is loaded into Navigator, AllTrails will make a copy of that map and it will be added to your 'My maps.'
Maps in this section will sync across your devices, regardless of how they were added to this list. Here's how you can access your 'My maps' section on AllTrails:
- AllTrails.com: Hover over 'Saved' in the header and select 'My maps'
- AllTrails mobile apps: Tap 'Saved' >> 'Lists' >> 'My maps'