Whether you're exploring a place for your first time or trying out a new route at your local park, AllTrails can help you navigate while you're out on the trail so that you don't get lost. AllTrails Pro members have the exclusive ability to download maps to your phone for offline use.
Your downloaded maps are stored in and are accessible through the AllTrails app. You can use a downloaded map to navigate by following these steps:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Plan' on the bottom navigation bar
- Select 'Maps' from the tabs at the top of the screen (you do not need to be within range of a data signal to access your downloaded Maps!)
- Select a map from the list
- Tap the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right corner and select 'Load into Recorder'
- The trail map will load in the Record view, along with your current location
- Record your route by tapping the red 'Record' button
- The verified route from the trail map that you loaded will turn semi-opaque once you tap Record; the route that you've traveled will be marked with a darker red line