Any recordings that you upload or record using the AllTrails app are automatically synced across devices. You can create your own recording by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over 'History' in the header and click on 'Recordings'
- Click on the 'Upload file' button at the bottom of the list
- Drag your file into the dotted line area, or click within that area to select the file you'd like to upload
- When you are finished, click the 'Upload' button
- You will then have the option to add a Description
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Record' on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap on the red 'Record' button at the bottom of the screen to start recording your activity using your phone's built-in GPS
- When you are finished, tap the recorder button to pause and then tap 'Save'
- You will then rate your recording, and will have the option to link your recording to a trail, select an activity, add trail conditions, and provide a title for your recording and click 'Save' to finish
For information on how to access your recordings, click here.