When you link your recording to a trail, you are contributing to the AllTrails community by allowing it to be viewable in the Recordings section of the trail page.
You can make a specific recording private so that it's only visible to you by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over 'History' in the header and click on 'Recordings'
- Click on the recording and click on 'Edit' in the trail image to the right of the star rating
- Check the box next to 'Make this recording private' and click 'Update'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'History' on the bottom navigation bar
- Select 'Recordings' from the tabs at top of the screen
- Tap on the recording that you would like to edit
- Tap the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right and select 'Edit'
- Scroll down to the bottom of the edit screen
- Under 'Private Recording' toggle the button to change the recording to private (the button will turn green)
For information on how to make your profile private, which hides all recordings from everyone, click here.