Since many trails often have more than one possible route, it can be helpful to check out other users' recorded tracks for inspiration. When you link your recording to a trail, it means that you are contributing to the AllTrails community by making your recording viewable on the associated trail's page.
You can tie a recording to a trail by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over 'History' in the header and click on 'Recordings'
- Click on the recording that you would like to edit
- Click on 'Edit'
- In the ‘Trail’ dropdown menu, select the trail you would like to link your recording to
- Make any other additional edits, then click 'Update'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'History' on the bottom navigation bar
- Select 'Recordings' from the tabs at top of the screen
- Tap on the recording that you would like to edit
- Tap on 'Select a trail' below 'Recording linked to' underneath the map section
- Choose the trail you would like to link your recording to
For information on how to make a recording private, click here.