One of the great benefits of AllTrails Pro is that you can print or download any map using a desktop or laptop computer. Whether you're looking at a specific trail map, a map of an area you're hoping to explore, or a map of a recording that you find inspiring, you can easily print a map of a trail or save it as a PDF by following these steps:
- Click on a trail card, map card, or recording card for the trail, map, or recording you wish to view
- On the map details page, click the 'Print Map' button on the right hand side.
You can also print a map directly from a trail details page by clicking 'view trail details' via the map details page and then by clicking 'Print/PDF Map' icon at the top of the page.
Customizable options for a map include:
- Paper size
- Gridline style (Decimal vs. Degrees, Minutes, Seconds vs. UTM)
- Scale (1:18k vs. 1:24k Exact vs. 1:25k Exact vs 1:50k Exact, and more)
- Datum (WGS84 vs. NAD27)
- Map layer type (Satellite vs. Topo vs. OSM, etc.)
- The addition of overlays (photos, waypoints, etc.)
You also have the ability to pan or zoom your map area.
To print a map:
From the Print screen, click the 'Print' button. You'll see a pop-up confirming that AllTrails is generating a PDF of your map to print, which will open in a new window.
To download a PDF:
From the Print screen, click the 'Download PDF' button to download a PDF of your map. You'll see a pop-up confirming that AllTrails is generating a PDF of your map.NOTE: Printing and downloading a map is managed via your web browser's default PDF viewer, so be sure to update your browser settings to allow pop-ups for AllTrails.com.