You can see recordings by other members of the AllTrails community on a trail details screen by scrolling down to the reviews section. In line with the 'Reviews' tab you will find the 'Recordings' tab and tap it to load user recordings. These are helpful when you want to see alternate route possibilities, for example a shorter or longer approach to the trail.
With an AllTrails Pro subscription, you have the ability to save these recorded tracks directly to your phone for offline use. Not only does this allow you to view detailed map information while you're out on the trail, but through your phone's built-in GPS you can follow along on the trail line and navigate even when you don't have a data signal.
You can download a recording by following these steps:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Navigate to the trail details screen of your desired trail
- Scroll down to the 'Recordings' section of the trail details screen
- Select the recording you wish to download
- Tap the blue 'Download' or 'Download Map Layer' button and choose your layer (you can download multiple map layers to the same map)
- When the circle turns GREEN your map download for that specific layer has completed then tap 'Done' to exit that screen
- Go to 'Plan' >> 'Maps' to review your downloaded recording