If you use a Garmin device to record your activities or keep track of your stats while you're out on the trail, you can seamlessly import this data into your AllTrails account when you connect with Garmin. AllTrails+ members also have the ability to send AllTrails routes to their Garmin device from the AllTrails website (coming soon to the AllTrails mobile apps!). Learn more about the difference between these two data-sharing integrations with Garmin.
Here is how you can link your AllTrails account to Garmin Connect:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your AllTrails account at https://www.alltrails.com
- At the top right of any page, hover over your profile image and in the drop-down select ‘Settings’
- Click on the 'Connect with Garmin' button
- Enter your Garmin Connect credentials
- Toggle to select which Garmin integration types you would like to enable
- Select 'Save' and authorize AllTrails
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Profile' on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap the Settings icon () at the top right corner
- Tap on 'Garmin' and then tap 'Connect'*
- Enter your Garmin credentials and authorize AllTrails
*NOTE: Our new 'Send routes to Garmin' feature is only available on AllTrails.com, therefore you will need to head to our website in order to enable and use this feature.
What is the difference between the two Garmin integration options?
'Pull completed activities from Garmin'
This feature allows you to automatically import activities recorded with your Garmin device into AllTrails.
Syncing will be automatic once you've connected your AllTrails and Garmin accounts. The next time you track an activity using your Garmin device after connecting, the last 30 days of your Garmin activity history will automatically be imported into AllTrails. Once synced, these will be shown in your 'Activities' section by going to Saved >> Activities.
NOTE: Your Garmin-synced activities will respect the default privacy level that you have set for 'Activities' in AllTrails, rather than your Garmin Connect privacy level. Learn more about adjusting your default privacy settings.
'Send routes to Garmin'
This feature is exclusive to AllTrails+ members and allows you to send AllTrails routes to your Garmin Connect account. Routes sent to your Garmin can then be used to navigate while out on the trail. This feature is only accessible on AllTrails.com, but will soon be added to the mobile apps. Learn more about sending AllTrails routes to Garmin.