When you use AllTrails to navigate your adventures, you'll have data automatically tied to your activity including total distance, total elevation gain, total moving time, and estimated calories burned. You can choose between Pace and Speed settings as your preference for while navigating.
By default, your Activity Time Preference is set to display Pace. Pace is the average of how long it takes you to go a given distance. If you have an average pace of 19:55, that means it took you on average 19 minutes and 55 seconds to travel one mile (or km, depending on your unit settings).
You have the ability to change this setting to measure speed instead. Speed is how far you move in a given time. So if you see an average speed of 3.0 mph, that means that in a given hour you'll travel 3 miles.
You can change your pace or speed settings by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- At the top right of any page, hover over your profile image and in the drop-down select ‘Settings’
- Find the 'Activity Time Preference' section
- The default setting is Pace — if you’d like to switch to Speed simply click the button next to it or vice versa
- At the bottom of the page, click 'Save'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Profile' on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap on 'Settings'
- Tap on 'Activity Time Preference'
- Select 'Pace' or 'Speed'