As an AllTrails member, you can create your own custom maps using either a desktop or laptop computer with our free map creation tool. If you need to make changes to a map you've created, you can do so by following these steps:
Editing a Section of a Route
1. In the header, hover over 'Plan' and click 'Maps'. Select the map you wish to edit. Once the map is open, select 'Map Layers' > 'OSM'.
2. To begin editing your route, select the pencil icon on the left side of the screen under 'Route'
3. Next, choose your 'Routing' option in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Now, add points to the section of the route you wish to edit. A minimum of three points are needed to edit a route. Click anywhere on the route to add a point. Add point 1 and point 2 at the beginning and end of the section. Add point 3 anywhere in-between the first two points.
5. Finally, click and drag point 3 to the new route. The route will snap to a path indicated on the OSM layer.
Note: 'Routing' will route along paths in the OSM map layer only. Routing will not automatically route along paths on other map layers. Select 'Drawing' to hand-draw your route on any map layer.
1. To begin editing your route, select the pencil icon on the left side of the screen under 'Route'
2. Add points anywhere along your route by clicking along the red line
Editing an Endpoint
1. Click anywhere on the map
2. Press and hold 'Option/Alt' key. The start/endpoint will change from half green/half black to a solid black point
3. While holding 'Option/Alt' key, select black point and drag it to your desired location