AllTrails offers an Apple Watch app that can be used in conjunction with our iPhone app. The watch app allows you to control and view activity stats directly on the watch screen while using Navigator to follow your route. The Apple Watch app is not a standalone app, therefore it requires your phone to be present for the watch app to function.
1. Please make sure that you already have the AllTrails app installed on your iPhone!
2. On your iPhone, open the 'Watch app'
3. Tap the 'My Watch' tab
4. Search for the AllTrails app
5. Tap 'Install'
*On your Apple Watch, apps appear on your Home screen. Press the digital crown to see the home screen and look for the AllTrails icon.
Via Apple Watch:
You can also get apps from the App Store on your Apple Watch. Here's how:
- Press the digital crown on your watch to see the home screen
- Tap search to find the AllTrails app using Scribble or Dictation, or scroll down to look for the AllTrails app
- Once you have found 'AllTrails', tap 'Get'
*Please note that you will need to download the AllTrails iPhone app from the App Store if you have not done so already. The Apple Watch can only be paired with iPhones, therefore this feature is not available for Android users.
Using the Apple Watch app to track your activity:
- Open the AllTrails app on your iPhone
- Open the AllTrails app on your Apple Watch
- Tap the red button on the first watch screen to start your activity
- You'll see your activity stats on the second screen; if you need to pause or end your activity you can swipe to the right to return to the first screen
Viewing maps on your Apple Watch:
AllTrails Pro subscribers also have access to the third watch screen, which allows you to view a map and your live location on the Apple Watch. For more information on viewing maps on the Apple Watch, click here.
If you are having trouble launching the Apple Watch app, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps outlined here.