If you've driven off by accident without stopping your Navigator session, or you'd like to trim the end of your activity recording, you can edit your endpoint on our web platform. This can be achieved by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over 'History' in the header and click on 'Activities'
- Click on the activity that you would like to edit
- To update the trail endpoints, click on the 'Edit Endpoint' button just above your stats
- Drag the round black endpoint back along your saved route to the point where you want the route to stop and click the 'Save Endpoint' button to save
Tip: The endpoint is able to move anywhere along your recorded path. You'll see the endpoint is attached to the path. When moving the endpoint, you'll see the path become transparent. This represents the area that you will be deleting from your recording.*
*Your endpoint needs to stay on the recorded path therefore, you cannot extend the recorded activity or place the endpoint on a location on the map where you did not record your activity.
Step by Step Directions:
To edit the endpoint you'll want to drag the endpoint backwards or forwards on the recorded line. You'll see that the area you'll be deleting with the edit becomes transparent.
The area you're dragging your endpoint to will have 2 directional paths, one is the 'out' path and one is the 'back' path. You'll want to keep your endpoint on the 'back' path or you may accidentally delete your activity. We suggest you zoom in to the trailhead where you want the endpoint to be saved in order to choose the correct path.