Our Route Converter tool does not yet offer the ability to combine multiple activities or files into one, though we hope to add this in the future. In the meantime, if you need to combine two separate activities and are tech-savvy you can download GPX files for the activities you wish to combine, copy the GPS data from one into the other, and then import the edited file as a new activity. Please note you'll need to do this via our website at AllTrails.com.
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log on to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over 'Saved' in the header and select 'Activities'
- Open one of the activities you wish to combine then click 'Download route' and select 'GPX track'
- Repeat step 3, as needed, with any activities you wish to combine
- Open each GPX file in a text editor like Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac)
- For the activity that comes second chronologically or by direction of travel ('Activity 2'), copy all of the content between (but not including) <trkseg> and </trkseg>
- Scroll to the bottom of the first activity ('Activity 1'), then enter a space before </trkseg>
- Paste the copied text from 'Activity 2' in the space, then save the changes to 'Activity 1'
- Navigate back to your Activities section (Saved >> Activities) at https://www.alltrails.com
- Click 'Upload file' then select the updated 'Activity 1' GPX file
Copy data from Activity 2 (Step 6):
Enter a space before </trkseg> on Activity 1 (Step 7):