If you are an AllTrails Pro member, you have the ability to view maps on the Apple Watch app. This will allow you to view your planned route and current location directly on the Apple Watch. We recommend downloading the map to your mobile phone ahead of time so that it can be used offline, as outlined here. It is not necessary to download the map to view it on your watch app, however, downloading the map ahead of time will ensure that you have access to your map even if you lose a data connection. The Apple Watch app is not a standalone app, therefore it does require your phone to be present for the watch app to function.
*Please note that the Apple Watch is only able to pair with iPhones, therefore this feature is not available for Android users.
You can view your map on your Apple Watch app by following these steps:
- Open the AllTrails app on your iPhone
- Pulse sobre "Guardado" en la barra de navegación inferior
- Selecciona "Listas" en las pestañas de la parte superior de la pantalla y luego elige "Mis mapas". Si eres usuario Pro, también puedes seleccionar "Descargas" en lugar de "Listas" (no necesitas estar dentro de una zona de cobertura para acceder a tus mapas descargados)
- Selecciona un mapa de la lista
- Tap the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right corner and select 'Navigate using this route'
- The trail map will display in Navigator, along with your current location
- Open the AllTrails app on your Apple Watch
- Tap the red button on the first watch screen to start your activity
- Swipe left to the third watch screen to view your map
If you are having trouble launching the Apple Watch app, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps outlined here.