How do I write a review for a trail?
Reviewing a trail on AllTrails provides you with the opportunity to share your experience, thoughts, and recommendations with fellow AllTrails members. Because they're public, your reviews help millions of other people discover, plan and share their next great outdoor activity.
AllTrails reviews consist of:
- A 1-5 star rating scale (1 star = terrible, 2 stars = poor, 3 stars = average, 4 stars = very good, 5 stars = excellent)
- An optional text box to leave a rich, detailed description of the trail or your experience on there
- An option to select your primary activity while on the trail (hiking vs. mountain biking vs. horseback riding, etc.)
- An optional date for when you completed your activity (web only)
- An optional area to leave a helpful website link (web only)
You can leave a review for a trail by following these instructions:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on alltrails.com
- Navigate to any trail details page
- Find the section called 'Reviews'
- Click on the blue 'Write Review' button
- Rate the trail and share more details about your experience
- When you are finished, click 'Save'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the app
- Navigate to any trail details screen
- Below the 'Reviews' section, find the row of 5 empty stars
- Tap on the number of stars to rate the trail
- Share more details about your experience
- When you are finished, tap 'Post' in the upper right corner