How do I update or change information about a trail?
Please note that any suggested changes to a trail must first be evaluated by our moderators. This process may take may take a while depending on our ability to verify the information and the extent of our backlog.
- Log in to your AllTrails account using a desktop or laptop computer (updating trails doesn't currently work on the mobile website)
- Navigate to the page of the trail you would like to update
- Hover over More (in the same row as Favorite/Directions/Print Map/etc) and click on Suggest Edit
- Make whatever edits you think are needed to improve the accuracy of the trail - trail name, trailhead location, length, difficulty level, whether dogs are permitted, etc. You can also suggest a better verified route and draw that route by clicking on Draw Route under "Step 1- Suggest a better route" in the top left hand corner
- Click the blue Save button
On any trail detail page, tap on the button in the upper right corner and then select Suggest Trail Edit. You'll be prompted to write a suggestion for how we can improve the trail (whether something is inaccurate, missing, inappropriate, etc.). Once complete, tap Send.
If you'd like to learn more about how to add a new trail to the AllTrails database, please click here: http://support.alltrails.com/solution/articles/24771-adding-a-new-trail