- Log in to your AllTrails account using a desktop or laptop computer (updating trails doesn't currently work on the mobile website)
- Navigate to the page of the trail you would like to update
- Hover over More (in the same row as Favorite/Directions/Print Map/etc) and click on Suggest Edit
- Make whatever edits you think are needed to improve the accuracy of the trail - trail name, trailhead location, length, difficulty level, whether dogs are permitted, etc. You can also suggest a better verified route and draw that route by clicking on Draw Route under "Step 1- Suggest a better route" in the top left hand corner
- Click the blue Save button
You can email email@example.com with any suggested edit requests. Be sure to include a link to the specific trail when you write in.
Please note: our trail segment data (the dashed lines that you see on the AllTrails, OSM, and OCM Map Layers) comes from our partners at OpenStreetMap. OpenStreetMap is a collaborative, wiki-style project to create the most detailed, up-to-date map map of the globe. Because the data is open-sourced, sometimes error do occur. If you see something in the dashed line trail segments on our map layers that are inaccurate or misleading, please contact OpenStreetMap directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and provide them with as much specific information as possible.