How do I make a recording?
Any recordings that you upload or record using the AllTrails app are automatically synced across devices. You can create your own recording by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
Log in to your account on alltrails.com
Hover over 'History' in the header and click on 'Recordings'
- Click on the blue 'Upload' button
- Drag your GPX/KML/TPO file into the dotted line area, or click within that area to select the file you'd like to upload
- When you are finished, click the green 'Upload' button
- Optional: you can add a Description
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Record' on the bottom navigation bar
Tap on the red 'Record' button at the bottom of the screen to start recording your track using your phone's built-in GPS
When you are finished, tap the 'Pause' button and then 'Save'
You then have the option to rate your recording, link your recording to a trail, select an activity, and provide a title for your recording and click 'Save' to finish
For information on how to access your recordings, click here.