How do I make a recording private?
When you link your recording to a trail, you are contributing to the AllTrails community by allowing it to be viewable in the Recordings section of the trail page.
You can make a specific recording private so that it's only visible to you by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on alltrails.com
- Hover over 'History' in the header and click on 'Recordings'
- Click on the recording and click on 'Edit' in the trail image to the right the star rating
- Check the box next to 'Make this track private' and click 'Update'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'History' on the bottom navigation bar
- Select 'Recordings' from the drop-down menu (iPhone) or tabs (Android) at the top
- Tap on the recording that you would like to edit
- Tap the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right corner and select 'Edit'
- Toggle the option to turn the recording 'Private'
For information on how to make your profile private, which hides all recordings from everyone, click here.