How do I link my recording to a trail?
Since many trails often have more than one possible route, it can be helpful to check out other users' recorded tracks for inspiration. When you link your recording to a trail, it means that you are contributing to the AllTrails community by making your recording viewable on the associated trail's page.
You can tie a recording to a trail by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on alltrails.com
- Hover over 'History' in the header and click on 'Recordings'
- Click on the recording that you would like to edit
- Click on the 'Edit' link below the recording name, to the right of the star rating
- In the ‘Trail’ dropdown menu, select the trail you would like to link your recording to
- Make any other additional edits, then click 'Update'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'History' on the bottom navigation bar
- Select 'Recordings' from the drop-down menu (iPhone) or tabs (Android) at the top
- Tap on the recording that you would like to edit
- Tap the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right corner and select 'Edit'
- Tap in the 'Trail' section and choose the trail you would like to link your recording to
- Make any other additional edits, then tap 'Save'