If you've received a gift subscription for AllTrails+ yet you already have an AllTrails+ subscription that is linked to either the iTunes or Google Play store, you will need to cancel your existing subscription and allow it to expire before redeeming your gift.Due to restrictions on adjusting this payment method, we are unable to modify subscriptions purchased via iTunes or Google Play directly, which includes automatically adding gift membership time to an existing subscription.
Here is how you can cancel your existing app store subscriptions:
AllTrails+ subscriptions purchased via the iPhone app (iTunes):
- Go into your iPhone's settings
- Tap on Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases
- Tap on Media & Purchases
- Tap on Subscriptions
- Select AllTrails
- Scroll to the bottom and select 'Cancel subscription'
- Select 'confirm' to cancel*
*If you do not see the option to cancel, only to resubscribe, you have already successfully disabled auto-renewal and no further action is needed. If need be, you can contact Apple's support team here for help: https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups
AllTrails+ subscriptions purchased via the Android app (Google Play):
- Open the Play Store app on your Android device
- Tap your profile image at the top right corner and select 'Payments & subscriptions'
- Select 'Subscriptions'
- Tap the 'AllTrails' text or icon to open the subscription details
- Tap 'Cancel Subscription' and select the appropriate reason
- Tap 'Continue' then confirm cancellation on the next screen by tapping 'Cancel Subscription'
NOTE: If you purchased a three-year subscription via the iPhone or Android app, this will show up in your purchase history and will NOT be listed as a subscription. This subscription type does NOT renew automatically. Your subscription will simply expire at the end of your three-year term and no further action is needed on your end to cancel.
Redeeming your gift:
After you have successfully cancelled your subscription, you will need to allow it to expire - the expiration date should be indicated on the subscription page on iTunes or Google Play. Your account will temporarily revert to a free account upon expiration, but please note that you will NOT lose any of your account data. All of your account data is securely stored on our servers, and will be unaffected by the subscription changes.
After your subscription has expired, you can redeem your gift by clicking the link in the email gift, or by entering your gift code here. For more information on redeeming your gift, please click here.