When you use AllTrails to record your adventures, you'll have data automatically tied to your recording including total distance, total elevation gain, total moving time, and estimated calories burned.
We also include your pace by default. Pace is the average of how long it takes you to go a given distance. If you have an average pace of 19:55, that means it took you on average 19 minutes and 55 seconds to travel one mile (or km, depending on your settings).
You have the ability to toggle this setting to measure speed instead. Speed is how far you move in a given time. So if you see an average speed of 3.0 mph, that means that in a given hour you'll travel 3 miles.
You can change your pace or speed settings by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over your name in the top-right corner and select 'Settings' from the drop-down
- Find the 'Recording Preference' section
- The default setting is Pace. If you’d like to switch to Speed simply click the button next to it or vice versa.
- At the bottom of the page, click 'Save'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Profile' on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap on 'Settings'
- Tap on 'Recording Preference'
- Select 'Pace' or 'Speed'