When you adjust your default privacy settings for your account for your Completed list, Maps, Activities, and Lists, this will automatically default all new content within that category to your default privacy level. It does not automatically apply the privacy level to your existing content in the above categories, but there is a way to apply your new settings to existing content via our website. Here is how to do so:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- At the top right of any page, hover over your profile image and in the drop-down select ‘Settings’
- Under 'Account Settings' in the right panel, click 'Privacy settings'
- You can choose your default privacy settings for your Community, Completed trails, Activities, Maps, and Lists
- When you are finished adjusting your default settings to your liking, check the box next to 'Apply to past content' (screenshot below)
- Click 'Save' when you are finished
- Your existing content will then respect the new default settings that you have applied*
**Depending on the amount of content in your account, this may take up to 24 hours for your data to filter through
This functionality is not currently available on our mobile apps, however, we are working to add it as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime! If you have any questions about applying a specific privacy to your existing content, please reach out to email@example.com. We're here to help!