Trails can change so we understand if some trails need to be updated! We appreciate your help in keeping our database up-to-date.
You can suggest changes to a trail by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Click on the trail card for the trail you want to update
- Click the expand icon (upper left hand side of the page) to display the trail details page
- Hover over 'More' (in the same row as Favorite/Directions/Print Map/etc) and click on 'Suggest Edit'
- Make whatever edits you think are needed to improve the accuracy of the trail (trail name, trailhead location, length, difficulty level, whether dogs are permitted, etc. You can also suggest a better verified route and draw that route by clicking on 'Draw Route' under "Step 1- Suggest a better route" in the top left hand corner
- Click 'Save'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- From the homepage, map view, or list view, click on the trail card for the trail you want to edit
- Once on the trail details screen, tap on the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right corner and tap 'Suggest Trail Edit'
- Write a suggestion on how the trail can be improved
- Tap 'Send' (iPhone) or 'Save' (Android)
NOTE: Our trail segment data (the dashed lines that you see on the AllTrails, OSM, and OCM Map Layers) comes from our partners at OpenStreetMap. OpenStreetMap is a collaborative, wiki-style project to create the most detailed, up-to-date map of the globe. Because the data is open-sourced, sometimes errors do occur.
If you see something in the dashed line trail segments on our map layers that are inaccurate or misleading, please contact OpenStreetMap directly by emailing email@example.com and provide them with as much specific information as possible.