Users with Apple Watch Series 1 and older may experience crashes or their watch restarts over and over. If you're experiencing this issue, the following steps may help stop it from happening again (check performance after each step before moving onto the next):
Update both your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:
- Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support
Close all apps and restart your iPhone and your Apple Watch:
- Close all open apps on your iPhone and watch
- Turn both devices off together, then restart them, starting with your iPhone:
Unpair and re-pair your watch:
- The Watch app on your iPhone takes a backup of your watch automatically when unpairing via the app
- Choose to Restore from Backup during set up (most data and settings will be restored, with some exceptions)
- If the issue persists, consider instead unpairing and setting it up as a new watch.
Remove apps and watch face complications:
- Remove third-party apps from the Dock and/or remove them completely from your watch and then monitor performance after adding them back, one at a time.
- Remove watch face complications and monitor performance as you add them back:
If the issue persists, we suggest contacting Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required) by making a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorized Service Provider for assistance.
For Apple Watch Service in the US, click here
For Apple Watch Service outside of the US, click here