By default, if your profile is set to public, all your maps are visible to the public. You can make a specific map private so that it's only visible to you by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over 'Plan' in the header and click on 'Maps'
- Click on the map and click on 'Edit' in the trail image to the right of map's title
- Check the box next to 'Make this map private' and click 'Update'
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Plan' on the bottom navigation bar
- Select 'Maps' from the tabs at top of the screen
- Tap on the maps that you would like to edit
- Tap the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right corner and select 'Edit'
- Scroll down to 'Map Info'
- Under 'Private' toggle the button to change the map to private (the button will turn green)
For information on how to make your profile private, which hides all recordings from everyone, click here.