By default, if your profile is set to public, all your maps are visible to the public. You can make a specific map private so that it's only visible to you by following these steps:
Via desktop or laptop computer:
- Log in to your account on https://www.alltrails.com
- Hover over 'Plan' in the header and click on 'Maps'
- Click on the map and click 'Edit map' at the bottom of the left hand panel
- Click the arrow next to 'Description' to expand, then toggle the bar to 'Make map private'
- Click 'Save map' at the bottom of the panel to save the map and finish editing
Via iPhone or Android app:
- Open the AllTrails app
- Tap on 'Plan' on the bottom navigation bar
- Select 'Maps' from the tabs at top of the screen
- Tap on the maps that you would like to edit
- Tap the overflow menu (three dots) in the upper right corner and select 'Edit'
- Scroll down to 'Map Info'
- Under 'Private' toggle the button to change the map to private (the button will turn green)
For information on how to make your profile private, which hides all Maps from everyone, click here.